Help us build a Master Gardener Calendar, 2024, for release in Fall of 2023!
If you are a gardener, farmer, or enjoy spending time outside then you probably have a collection of photos waiting to be shared with the world. Our calendar might be the perfect opportunity to showcase your vision of the plant world to other garden fans. Enter the contest today for the chance to see your photo published and shared with Master Gardeners across the state.
Please use the form at the bottom of the page to submit your entry. Alternatively, submissions can be emailed to email@example.com (instructions below). Or mailed to: UConn Extension MG Calendar, Attention Stacey Stearns, 1376 Storrs Road, Unit 4134, Storrs, CT, 06269-4134. Mailed in submissions will be returned after judging has finished.
Photos will be judged by Master Gardener volunteers involved in the calendar design and selections will be published in our 2024 Master Gardener Calendar. All entries will be shared on our website for a period of time so we can acknowledge participants!
Photo Submissions will close July 21st, 2023 at 5pm.
- An individual may enter up to 3 submissions, though only one submission per individual will be chosen for the calendar.
- Only horizontal images will be considered for the calendar months, in a 4:3 ratio. Vertical photos may be submitted for additional content, but are much less likely to be considered.
- Please check the properties of your photo for submission! Entries must be 12″ wide x 9″ high @ 300 dpi (3600w x 2700h pixels) or larger in order to print.
- To keep track of entries and the seasonality of photos, please name your photo with the following format: season_lastname_photo#_.jpg
- All entries must be accompanied by a signed photo release stating that the photograph is the work of the entrant. This is completed using the checkmark in the form below - or you can download the PHOTO RELEASE FORM and include that with entries that are mailed in.
- Mail-In Entries: please include your name, address, the title of photograph, description of the photo and species ID if relevant, along with the photo release form above.
- Photo entries can be submitted online using the form below