In order to remain an Active Certified UConn Master Gardener, you must do the following every year :
- Complete 10 hours in one of the Master Gardener offices. You will be helping to answer questions from the public, mentor UConn Master Gardener interns, or work on other approved office projects.
- Contribute 10 hours on an approved volunteer project.
- Attend the free Hot Topics class offered by the UConn Master Gardener program.
- Record your hours at the UConn Master Gardener volunteer management website.
- Complete the online recertification form by September 30 of each year.
Additionally, you can earn a pin for your volunteer efforts!
UConn Extension Master Gardeners give a great deal back to their communities! As you reach certain milestones, your cumulative hours are recognized at the annual graduation events.