After you complete the class and become a UConn Master Gardener, to remain an active and certified you must do the following every year:
- Perform 10 hours in the Master Gardener office at one of the county Extension Centers. You will be helping to answer questions from the public, mentor UConn Master Gardener interns, or work on other office projects.
- Contribute 10 hours on an approved volunteer project.
- Attend the free Hot Topics class offered by the UConn Master Gardener program.
- Record your hours at the UConn Master Gardener volunteer management website.
- Complete the recertification form and provide to your UConn Master Gardener county coordinator.